Reef 3D background?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

parkersmomma2

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I've seen a lot of posts on here about the 3d backgrounds for freshwater tanks, but not a reef tank (at least that I've seen).

Other than the basics, do I need to do anything special?
Some kind of sealant I should put on after doing the cement?
A totally different method?

Also, I found some decorations at hobby lobby that I know aren't safe...is there some kind of sealant I can use on those to make them safe?

I will keep you guys updated if I can figure out the little things, I already have the styrofoam set up how I want it =)

I tried posting in the DIY section, but it seems like majority of people that would know would be on this thread.

Thanks!!!

I've seen a lot of posts on here about the 3d backgrounds for freshwater tanks, but not a reef tank (at least that I've seen).

Also, I found some decorations at hobby lobby that I know aren't safe...is there some kind of sealant I can use on those to make them safe?

Are you planning on not having live rock in the tank?

I will keep you guys updated if I can figure out the little things, I already have the styrofoam set up how I want it =)

I tried posting in the DIY section, but it seems like majority of people that would know would be on this thread.

Thanks!!!

Pfff skip the fake stuff and just do the real deal and have corals. You can do softies and they won't require much light so your expense won't even cost much more and they will look 1999x better then something fake.

Thanks!!!

Pfff skip the fake stuff and just do the real deal and have corals. You can do softies and they won't require much light so your expense won't even cost much more and they will look 1999x better then something fake.

Are you planning on having live rock?

Basically what I want to do is have like a stacked cave/places to put little tea light holders off the background so the corals can grow up the wall. I will have LR on both sides if you can picture it. I'll take some pics layer

Back
Top Bottom