reef addictions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm lucky with my water bill, lol, it usually is only like $18 no matter how much water I seem to make. And i make alot of it. My salt I stocked up on awhile ago at $41 a box so I've been going through all that slowly. I'm just starting to switch salt mixes which will up my monthly total by about $15. I don't expect much change after i get the new 60g up since I will be running led's and I intend on taking down the 20g rimless and the 29g biocube.

Trying to streamline the fish operation over here, LOL, and keep it all going for less than i am now, trick is I gotta stop buying corals and fish. hehe...I just can't resist sometimes. :-D

Well if you live where I live it can be really expensive as well. The closest salt water store for me is a 7 hour drive. That takes commitment. So a fish that's 40 bucks for you guys is about 500 for me after gas and hotel.

Well if you live where I live it can be really expensive as well. The closest salt water store for me is a 7 hour drive. That takes commitment. So a fish that's 40 bucks for you guys is about 500 for me after gas and hotel.

thats what happens when you live up there :p theres still nothing but rock, trees and moose up there. i have family that lives in thunder bay, from me thats atleast a 14 hour drive so my dad and grandma just take a 45 minute plane ride up

It's a good thing I love my hobby. When I do go I usually spend about 600 to a 1000 to make the trip worth it. But now my tank is full. So I go there and don't buy anything. Hardly makes it worth it. Guess its time to upgrade. Lol

In my town there is 2 ppl who have sw tanks, and the other is my mother, she was so jealous she had to have one, she only keeps softies. She can't keep anything else alive. Lol. There is no local clubs. The first big city to me is sault Ste Marie. 4 hour drive. No sw store there either. Never checked to see if there was a club there or not. Geuss I should google it.

I can trade a small frag for another small frag and end up getting an even trade. I guess the smokers can trade a small cigarette butt for another small cigarette butt and get an even trade.

On the issue of health and smoking I work with 4 smokers and of those 4 they are out of work the majority of the of the sick days. There is 2 reefers in the bunch and neither of us are out sick.

Wow cigarettes are cheap down south up here in NY there $10 a pack stupid NYS lol. I quit over a couple months ago and all the money's have saved has gone into my first saltwater 55g. ill post a picture up here later tonight.

joy13 said:
I can trade a small frag for another small frag and end up getting an even trade. I guess the smokers can trade a small cigarette butt for another small cigarette butt and get an even trade.

On the issue of health and smoking I work with 4 smokers and of those 4 they are out of work the majority of the of the sick days. There is 2 reefers in the bunch and neither of us are out sick.

Sounds like you reefers might be a little gullible. Use em or lose em.

Sounds like you reefers might be a little gullible. Use em or lose em.
We don't get sick days and if we don't give 24 hours notice it still counts against us if we use a vacation day to get paid for it but the 24 hour rule applies. Use em or lose em only works for vacation days not sick days.

I have both addictions and they are both expensive. I am healthy- but it costs more to keep my tank healthy

Back
Top Bottom