Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-28-2012, 05:02 PM   #21
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I'm lucky with my water bill, lol, it usually is only like $18 no matter how much water I seem to make. And i make alot of it. My salt I stocked up on awhile ago at $41 a box so I've been going through all that slowly. I'm just starting to switch salt mixes which will up my monthly total by about $15. I don't expect much change after i get the new 60g up since I will be running led's and I intend on taking down the 20g rimless and the 29g biocube.

Trying to streamline the fish operation over here, LOL, and keep it all going for less than i am now, trick is I gotta stop buying corals and fish. hehe...I just can't resist sometimes.

Old 01-28-2012, 05:20 PM   #22
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Well if you live where I live it can be really expensive as well. The closest salt water store for me is a 7 hour drive. That takes commitment. So a fish that's 40 bucks for you guys is about 500 for me after gas and hotel.

Old 01-28-2012, 05:21 PM   #23
Aquarium Advice FINatic

And northern Canada is not 24 hour shipping. 3 days to a week
Old 01-28-2012, 05:21 PM   #24
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I meant northern ontario
Old 01-28-2012, 05:27 PM   #25
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to mr_X
UGH! That would certainly put a damper on my hobby.
Old 01-28-2012, 05:44 PM   #26
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sqasnatch View Post
Well if you live where I live it can be really expensive as well. The closest salt water store for me is a 7 hour drive. That takes commitment. So a fish that's 40 bucks for you guys is about 500 for me after gas and hotel.
thats what happens when you live up there :P theres still nothing but rock, trees and moose up there. i have family that lives in thunder bay, from me thats atleast a 14 hour drive so my dad and grandma just take a 45 minute plane ride up
Old 01-28-2012, 05:58 PM   #27
Aquarium Advice FINatic

It's a good thing I love my hobby. When I do go I usually spend about 600 to a 1000 to make the trip worth it. But now my tank is full. So I go there and don't buy anything. Hardly makes it worth it. Guess its time to upgrade. Lol
Old 01-28-2012, 06:03 PM   #28
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to mr_X
Have you checked for a reef club in the area? Swapping and such might make the hobby better.
Old 01-28-2012, 06:58 PM   #29
Aquarium Advice FINatic

In my town there is 2 ppl who have sw tanks, and the other is my mother, she was so jealous she had to have one, she only keeps softies. She can't keep anything else alive. Lol. There is no local clubs. The first big city to me is sault Ste Marie. 4 hour drive. No sw store there either. Never checked to see if there was a club there or not. Geuss I should google it.
Old 01-28-2012, 06:59 PM   #30
Aquarium Advice Addict

I can trade a small frag for another small frag and end up getting an even trade. I guess the smokers can trade a small cigarette butt for another small cigarette butt and get an even trade.

On the issue of health and smoking I work with 4 smokers and of those 4 they are out of work the majority of the of the sick days. There is 2 reefers in the bunch and neither of us are out sick.

Tags
reef

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com