Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-22-2009, 09:46 PM   #11
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via MSN to Tank2379 Send a message via Yahoo to Tank2379
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copepod View Post
What would be the purpose of opening a 50+lb bucket of salt among hundreds going out each day? I just got 3 buckets and had to use a hammer.
Because some people are Curious and Nosy!

Tank2379 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 09:46 PM   #12
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via MSN to Tank2379 Send a message via Yahoo to Tank2379
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copepod View Post
What would be the purpose of opening a 50+lb bucket of salt among hundreds going out each day? I just got 3 buckets and had to use a hammer.
Because some people are Curious and Nosy!

Tank2379 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 02:29 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Activist

The plot thickens....

Well, Kurt...my turn to be the object of returns...ordered the Azoo battery operated back up and it runs on electric but not battery..The outside mailing and inside box are both warped and the lid over the batteries is broken..Naturally, them being who they are, F&S are sending me another expediated mail and I will return this one. Just in time for the storms also. I would love to see someone doing the damage to people's merchandise that work hard for what they have and take a picture. It makes me sick to think that anyone would get satisfaction from someone else's misfortune. Oh, well...what goes around comes around in the end

============

Curly
Old 05-24-2009, 01:27 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

I personally don't think the problem is with FedEx. While my post was about the salt lids, in that same order I had issues with damage to something in a separate box - and there's no way is was a FedEx problem. It was just how it was packaged in the box. As a shipper, you have to assume that gorillas are going to handle your packages, and pack accordingly. Been there, done that. And F&S have normally done that in the past.

I normally order the same stuff every few months from F&S. It normally comes packaged the same way inside the box. This time was different. Personally, I think something has changed internally at F&S with the way they ship things. Maybe a different manager, maybe not packaging things inside the box as well as before to save some time/money... who knows.

You're right though... F&S has the best customer service out there, so they'll always make it right. But personally, I'd rather have it right the first time and not have to hassle with things every time I order.

I don't mean for this to be a bash on F&S... I just wanted folks to check their lids if they're receiving salt mail order, and if it's loose to really think twice about using it.
Old 05-24-2009, 09:47 AM   #15
SW 20 & Over Club

Send a message via ICQ to ccCapt
For those that order salt online, you can get the new 200g boxes of either IO or RC. They contain 4 individually sealed 50g bags. No worries about lids.
I just picked up a 200g mix of IO from my LFS for $35.
Check out The build project
ccCapt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 06:04 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccCapt View Post
For those that order salt online, you can get the new 200g boxes of either IO or RC. They contain 4 individually sealed 50g bags. No worries about lids.
When I saw that new packaging being introduced I just couldn't think it would stand up too well with being shipped one at a time via normal residential shipping service. With how bashed in boxes arrive, I could just imagine something puncturing the side of one of the boxes, going through the bag, and leaving a trail of salt mix all along the way! I'm sure Marineland tested the packaging, but in my opinion it looks like a disaster waiting to happen, from a shipping standpoint.

Quote:
I just picked up a 200g mix of IO from my LFS for $35.
Good price. I've vowed to do salt locally from now on. I probably should've been doing it all along to support my local guys. (Even though I support them a fair bit with corals! )

Tags
crystal, reef, reef crystals

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com