Reef equipment

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dlsrks

Aquarium Advice Freak
Is there a book or DVD that will teach about all the advanced equipment like controllers, dosing, etc. I have a couple of reef tanks but plan on setting up a bigger tank. A 150 gallon. I would like to have all the bells and whistles for it. Also, I have a Fluval FX5 for that tank. Is that enough or should I set up a sump?

Go with a sump way better than a canister. Also for videos about all the "bells and whistles" check out BRStv on YouTube. They have a great series about starting a reef tank that details all sorts of nifty gizmos.

I don't think books or production DVDs can keep up with technology nowadays. Their out of date the day after they're produced

Ingy said:
I don't think books or production DVDs can keep up with technology nowadays. Their out of date the day after they're produced

While I do believe there is a grain of truth to this, particularly with some hardware, having been out of the game for 8 years, I am amazed at how much is still the same.

Thanks for the info. I bought an RO/DI system from BRS. I have a 75 gallon sump for my 75 gallon tank. But if I switch that over to the 140 gallon tank, what size sump should I have for 75 gallon? I know it's probably bigger than what I need.

Back
Top Bottom