Reef Frenzy or PE Mysis?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dmolavi

Aquarium Advice Addict
Or both? Reef Frenzy looks great, but my guys love PE Mysis. Is it worth the 1hr drive to the nearest place that stocks Reef Frenzy to give it a shot?

I feed reef frenzy and like it but it is kinda a pain since it comes as a huge block you have to break off. PE is fantastic as well, just not as varied as reef frenzy. Rods food is excellent as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I'm basically trying to find a good variety...or am I overthinking the needs of the fish? Do they get bored of PE Mysis the way my kids get bored with food? :)

Should I be feeding them more than just PE Mysis? They're doing well, but I hope it isn't just dumb luck...

They won't get bored of the food. Hunger is the best spice, especially when it comes to animals. You should have some variety, but you shouldn't drive an hour just to do so.

I feed Mysis, spirolena enriched brine shrimp, "Mega-Marine, Angel formulae" PE Mysis, krill, live blackworms, pellets, daphnia, nori sheets, and occasionally squid and clams on a half shell.
So in my opinion a varied diet is essential to ensure all your critters are getting as full and nutritional diet as possible. Feeding only one type of food won't achieve that no matter what.

I don't care for Reef Frenzy or Rod's Food as they mix tiny particles with large ones and it can foul the water if you are not very judicious with using it.
I occasionally will use Coral Frenzy for the filter feeders and coral, but only every couple of weeks and I only use it on the same day I do water changes.
I mix it up, turn off filters, mix it in the tank, let sit/circulate for about 45 minutes - hour and then do my water change. Critters get fed and excess doesn't foul the water as badly.

Nothing is as good, priced right and convenient than making your own foods. It's easy. Many recipes available.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom