Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 04-24-2007, 06:22 PM   #31
Aquarium Advice Addict
Originally Posted by MT79
I really like the idea of being able to choose Green Electricity. AFAIK it's not something available in the US. If I'm wrong, please someone correct me.
It depends on your local utility, I believe. Up here in the Pacific NW, we can choose to add $$ to our power bill for the purchase of "green" energy... mainly windpower. We're not necessarily purchasing green energy for ourselves, but really just donating to a fund that offsets the higher cost for the utility to purchase green energy and put it into the grid.

Just FYI, here's the scoop on our local green power intiative...

With that said, I don't participate in the program.

Kurt_Nelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 05:03 PM   #32
Aquarium Advice Addict
^Thanks for the info Kurt, I'll look into that some.
Originally Posted by Ziggy953
guy put the turbines up. Not all of it was good as they aren't the prettiest things to look at
I live about 10 miles from two nuclear towers. Not only are the towers nice to look at, but the steam/smoke plums visible for 10's of miles melting into the clouds somedays is very comforting... Along w/ the monthly evacuation siren tests

I found an interesting blog. A man used natural sunlight reflected through tubes, for lack of a better word, into his tank instead of MH lighting. He has since shut down the system due to temp fluctuations, and a couple other things, but plans to do it again, better in the future. Here is a link directly too the gallery- http://reefrancher.com/gallery/reefrancher/installation

MT79 is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com