Reef Key Largo Rock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cool, got any pics of it. I just ordered 25 pounds of the key Marco rock
img_2503096_0_3484bc37497782ad9d3a4f340f380fcd.jpg

Just curious, have a friend doing a restart and wants to go with all live rock. What's the best out there? It use to be FiJi, but that was a long time ago.

Greg, people love Fiji rock as you said. I'm against the grain by saying that Caribbean rock is amazing, but was harder to find. Saltwater fish.com was where I got mine, but I think reefrock2go or whatever reefs2go's new site for rock is also has it. This stuff was formed mostly from lettuce coral if I remember correctly. The large pieces are full of small to large holes and the broken chunks are long, wide, and thinner making them perfect IMO. Big guys for the base and the chunks make perfect bridges, caves, and crevices. My 2 tanks is filled with this stuff for reference.

Greg, people love Fiji rock as you said. I'm against the grain by saying that Caribbean rock is amazing, but was harder to find. Saltwater fish.com was where I got mine, but I think reefrock2go or whatever reefs2go's new site for rock is also has it. This stuff was formed mostly from lettuce coral if I remember correctly. The large pieces are full of small to large holes and the broken chunks are long, wide, and thinner making them perfect IMO. Big guys for the base and the chunks make perfect bridges, caves, and crevices. My 2 tanks is filled with this stuff for reference.

Will check to see what she likes. I prefer porous rocks, not dead coral skeletons, but that's just my preference. The carribean rock looks great though.

Back
Top Bottom