reef lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jeh1487

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi, I saw something on Tanked ( dont watch often but this cought my eye) it was a fully programable reef lighting system that simulated a storm and lighting along with clouds. does anyone know what system that is thanks if you can post a link that would be epic thanks again.

Hi, I saw something on Tanked ( dont watch often but this cought my eye) it was a fully programable reef lighting system that simulated a storm and lighting along with clouds. does anyone know what system that is thanks if you can post a link that would be epic thanks again.

There are a bunch out there that do that, ecotech radions are the first that come to mind. Be prepared to pay an arm and leg for most of those fixtures though.

The ecotech radions will do this. There are others I'm sure, but only know about the radions off the top of my head. The AI led lighting might as well.

Lol I think we posted the exact same thing at the exact same time.

The radions have come down in price. Still pricey, but they have amazing customer service. The power supply went in mine and since it was under warranty, they replaced it...and sent me a new model of the light since mine are gen1.

sweet

ya whats an arm and a leg i have a 90 gal tank so size might be an issue

Well radions I think are $550-600 and you'd need 2 to cover the whole tank. The ai hydra or vega is $500 and you'd need two of those as well. So around $1000 to light the whole tank

wow that is pricy

hummm might have to wait on that i currently have a 10 HO T5 lighing my system right now that work perfectly

IMO if the tanked crew used them it would make me think twice about using them. The main benefit IMO would be having the sunrise so the lights coming on won't startle the fish.

I've got the AI Sol Blues & the Hydras. Awesome lights but the storm features are just for show as are all of the storm options on all the led lights . I never use that option but they are neat to see at first. Take away all that and still the Radions and AI are great coral supporting lights.

Back
Top Bottom