Reef Lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

philly

Aquarium Advice Freak
i have a 90 gal. and i am going to go reef what lighting system and what filter should i get. im willing to spend quite a bit of money

If you willing to spend a lot of money then I would just go with a 250W Icecap MH system with either PC/VHO suplmental lighting. You don't need a filter, but you'll need a good skimmer. I love ETSS 600 a lot of people don't like them but I have never had any problems.

A 90 gal. is a pretty deep tank and you will need some good lighting. Plan on spending a bunch of money. (depressing, I know). For a tank that deep you will need MH for the best results. If you do not make your own check out the new Coralife Pro that combine PC and MH in one cool looking fixture. It is an option I am considering right now.

Checkout the new CoralVue hoods i just listed on the homepage. The are 250 watt HQI with either 4-36 watt PC actincs or 60 watt T-8 actincs. The is also the new 400 watt hqi pendant from coralvue. The nice thing about coralvue is that it has a three year warranty on the ballasts and the ballasts are electronico

Hamilton makes nice hoods as well.

Man Darin those lights look GREAT !
ONLY thing they missing is built in moon lights !
Man I may have to work more OT !

We are working on getting the moonlights in. I am pretty tight with the Owner of Coralvue so i am constantly feeding back customer info to him for product improvment. They will have moonlights very shortly.

yo i was wondering if you could tell me were i can view a catalog that includes MH and CF lights that you dont have to hang or that you dont have to make your own cover

HQI Halide / Fluorescent Light Fixtures

is what i want

its like a combination of florecent and MH

Do you now of any models like that

Well the Silver coralife fixture has legs to set it on top of the tank and the black hood does not. Coralife also makes a new hood that has legs to mount it on the tank.

The coralife hoods are only 150 watts though not 250 which is what i would recomend.

The Coralvue hood is $850 while the Coralife Aqualight pro is $740. The Coralife does not have electronic ballasts and the coralvue does as well as a 3 year warranty on the ballasts. Here is a pic of the aqualight pro

does the aqualight pro have enough watts and can i stick it right on the aquarium, i have a glass cover

It has decent wattage. I prefer the 250 watt better but it will work fine. You can set it right on top of the tank! You will have to remove the glass top though as it will cut down light penetration and more than likely cause excessive temprature!

Back
Top Bottom