Reef Lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sodertech

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 125 gal Reef Fish Mix, 1" SB, Val Puffer, Porcupine Puffer, 7 - 4 Stripe Damsels, 1 - Three Stripe, 3 - Yellow Tails, 15 Blue Leg Crabs, 1 - Big Crab, Community of Green Eyed Star Polyps, 15lb of LR and 50lb of base rock (Flying To Dallas on the 6th to pick up 75lb of LR).

Now on to my question:

I have two dual 36" flourescent fixtures that will house 4 actinic bulbs and I have 3 - 250W MH mountables and I am trying to orient the lighting in the canopy (24WX8HX72L) I would like to know where i need to place the lighting in the canopy or does it even matter where i put them.

I plan on adding more LR and Coral, then moving the fish to another tank, but do I need 4 actinic bulbs or should i put another kind of bulb in the flourescent fixtures to promote growth, etc.....

Does the top frame of the tank have two center braces? If so then you will have three 'boxs' in the top of the tank. Position the Mh bulbs in the center of these three areas. This will light the tank as good as your going to get. If you put 20K bulbs in the MH fixtures you wont need the actinic lights at all.

yes it is exactly that configuration of the canopy. But I have 2 - 10K and 1 - 20K MH bulbs. I wonder how that will look?

Back
Top Bottom