reef lighting ... need help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mellowyellow

Aquarium Advice Freak
:nono: Trying to get algae under control, I reprogrammed my light fixture. Now, when I start buying corals, how long must the lights be on during a 24 hr. period. I have T5 white and blue and LED blue for night then the light goes off for about 3/4 hrs. I'm eager to know which is best for a reef aquarium. I realize it depends on the coral I purchased, but there should be some standard to go by. At first, of course, I'll get hardy, easy corals. Please give me some suggestions. :thanks:

You can run your blue lights first for like an hour or 2, then add the whites with the blues for about 9 hours, then whites off and blues on for another hour or 2. Then moonlights of you have them for a few hours then total darkness. Repeat

Make sense?

My lights slowly ramp up from 7am sunrise to noon them it's at it's highest % that I programmed it at. Then it slowly starts to ramp back down to 6pm. Then slowly down again to 8pm when moonlights go on till 3am. Then total darkness until 7am an repeat.

Back
Top Bottom