Reef lights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just bought two of these also I'm currently building a new hood for them. Man are they bright! I'm upgrading from a 4 bulb t5 unit.

I just bought two of these also I'm currently building a new hood for them. Man are they bright! I'm upgrading from a 4 bulb t5 unit.

yeah same here, im gonna ditch my dual t5ho fixture for these and try and build a bow front canopy to hide the fixture in or ill just break down and hang it lol

Yea I just got done building my hood. Have fun building that curve but it can be done. In the wood working shop I used to work at the tools made custom builds easy. I forgot how long it took to hand sand everything.

Yea I just got done building my hood. Have fun building that curve but it can be done. In the wood working shop I used to work at the tools made custom builds easy. I forgot how long it took to hand sand everything.

Lol 2 words, Palm Sander. And how would I go about making the curve?

You can also take a larger piece of wood. Say you want you're frame to be 1x2's. which is what I made mine out off. So take a 2x4 and just cut the curve from that. That's how I would do it. Hard for me to explain what I see in my mind.

You can also take a larger piece of wood. Say you want you're frame to be 1x2's. which is what I made mine out off. So take a 2x4 and just cut the curve from that. That's how I would do it. Hard for me to explain what I see in my mind.

No no I get you, that makes perfect sense!

That steam bending is awesome! I'm sure I would blow up my garage if I tried something like that lol. Wish I could offer advice on the bowfront hood but I'm afraid that is outside the scope of my woodworking skills. My regular old rectangle hood is giving me enough grief...

Fortunately I think there area couple threads in the DIY section that could steer you in the right direction.

All he's really got to do is cut the radius of the curve out of a board. It's really easy. I just can't put it into words

You don't have to bro I get you, I need a 2"X4"x4' piece to make the top and bottom curves, then it's all simple square edges after that then 1"x2" planks for the verticals.

Back
Top Bottom