Reef "Mush"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Montanarocknree

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi All! Ever heard of it? I use this recipe in feeding my tank. It consists of raw shrimp, scallop, clams, krill, raw fish(as long as not to oily), nori and I blend it all up and add a little tank salt water and spread it out in a freezer bag and freeze.
I then break off a chunk and feed my reef. Everything in the tank loves it! Just thought I would share! Johnny:D

Johnnie,

Great combo. I know your fish will feast upon it, and they will think you are a terrific cook, too! =] At dinnertime (4 times a day for the 180 due to the Anthias population), I tell my fish they are having KFC or Taco Bell or Micky's delight. They scoff it down every time.

Oh, and adding a little pressed garlic to the recipe and fish vits would be goodm too. I add salmon to any recipe. I have read, though salmon is a bit oily, this flesh is very helpful in bringing out the colors in tropical fish. I host Anthias, and I cannot believe their color combos, which showed up after I began feeding them bits of salmon. Also, salmon has the import Omega3 fat which is beneficial to fish and man, both.

Also, an aside. The Dollar Stores are currently carrying a 7-day pill container. Each day is a separate screw on container (screwed to the next day/container.) They are small and hold a daily portion of mixed food. I purchased several sets and make several recipes and then alternate the containersful, storing in my freezer.

Sue

Back
Top Bottom