Reef ready

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lol thanks a lot guys I'm getting ready to go check the site out and btw I was on Craigslist and found a 55g for $35 couldn't pas that up just for extras or maybe a later trade

I used a 55g for qt for quite a while. Great big tank for that purpose. Then again, I was qt'ing pretty large fish. lol

But yeah, for $35 bucks I'd grab that up and keep it. You never know when you might need it.
:)

I currently have a 75g freshwater but was thinking of selling it to downsize or change but should I just add a overflow and stick with what I got or be patient and find "that deal" like I did today on the 55g lol

Kinda depends on what you want to keep in the new tank. If you are looking to keep tangs I would wait it out until you find a 100+ gallon size used. BUT if you just want fish and some corals you could use the existing 75g.
I found my 180g tank, fully loaded, didnt need to buy anything else for $500. It also came with over 300lbs of live rock. It was the deal of the century to me, those types of deals do come along just have to be in the right place at the right time.

Well right now I don't think I should go any bigger than what I have but if I come across that kind of deal I'll jump on it for sure. There is a 46g bow front with filters skimmer 30+ lbs of LR fish and more for $75 but they haven't responded to me!? Lol

My motto is go big or go home. I bought a complete 55 last June and upgraded to my 150 in sept. of course I prefer large tanks and I wanted a blue hippo tang. Carey you robbed them people with the 180. Lmao

Ok I picked up the 46 bow front yesterday and I'm cleaning and doing a water test on it now I'll have picks of it later got more than a steal, instant ocean protein skimmer, marineland canister, 30+ pounds live rock, 15lbs of instant ocean, all kinds of chems, test kit, powerhead, stand, 18 hermits and snails, pajama cardinal, yellow tail damsel, and it looks like a clinging crab it surprised me when I was looking in the LR I found it hiding in a cave.

I washed it thoroughly hope that it will be ok it's a sand crushed coral mix, just set it up getting salt mixed and will have a pic up in a few

Back
Top Bottom