Reef ready

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief910

Aquarium Advice Activist
Do you have to use sump for a reef ready or is it ok instead to buy a regular tank and use canister with uv. I'm thinking of buying a reef ready but have no clue what I'm doing is it easy to sump or better to stick with canister what I know?

IMO a sump is the best way to go with a reef system. It's a very easy concept. Most people say canister filters create a lot of nitrates and have to be cleaned a lot. Never used canisters so I don't know. You also do not need the uv.

I have two canisters now one fresh one on my 29g FOWLR for now but the work great uv installed in the already though, but the only need cleaning once a month. So I seen this 72g reef ready tank only for about $285 or so which I was told price plus 10% markup does that sound like a good price?

I don't like bow fronts. That curve makes it harder to clean. But that's my opinion. What type of system are you wanting. A reef or just fowlr. That's going to be your determining factor. I wouldn't pay 285 for just the tank. Look in craiglist

I didn't even think about the cleaning of the curve also it's brand new still wrapped up but I'll check out Craigslist thanks

I figured it was new. You probably can find a complete system for a couple hundred more. I paid $300 for my 150 with stand. It's not reef ready though

I don't know how close you are to Greensboro. But they have a group named sea-t. Their website is sea-t.org they can get you info on closer clubs

Back
Top Bottom