Reef safe fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am guilty to once owning a mandarin. I did have a pod population and even bought the small bottle of live pods that I would introduce into the tank several times a week to help them reproduce. The mandarin only lasted a couple of days. I have been searching for one that eats frozen. I went to a lfs last weekend to see if I can finally bring one home, and the gentleman stated he has been in the tank for about a month and is fat and eats frozen. I asked him to feed him in front of me just for proof. The mandarin didn't even budge or eat at all. I left empty handed obviously. That's my next fish once I get an excellent population. I used to see them all over the glass and on my rocks. I haven't seen once since. This was 2-3 months ago.

I've been really enjoying my algae blenny. Or really any from that species. I know they aren't the most sought after fish but I've found they have huge personalities. All the fish mentioned above are beautiful; I just recently have shifted my mentality when looking at fish to this. Just another idea :)

I've been really enjoying my algae blenny. Or really any from that species. I know they aren't the most sought after fish but I've found they have huge personalities. All the fish mentioned above are beautiful; I just recently have shifted my mentality when looking at fish to this. Just another idea :)

Algae blennys are awesome. They arent really sought after that much as you said but they are still sweet!

Algae Blenny is my next fish after my 6 line. Then ill be fully stocked.

I hate 6 lines. Just my opinion. I think theyre little ugly fish lol. And theyre bullies. I used to have one and it killed my firefish. That was a fun time trying to catch him.

I hate 6 lines. Just my opinion. I think theyre little ugly fish lol. And theyre bullies. I used to have one and it killed my firefish. That was a fun time trying to catch him.

Haha. My six line is kept in line by my flame angel. Had no issues with mine :)

Just be careful with him, mine was fine with my firefish until I added some other fish, all of a sudden he started terrorizing my firefish. I had to catch the 6-line and give him away. Guy I gave it too has had no trouble with it so I'm not really sure what happened.

Look at Anthias. They come in amazing colors and are active swimmers. Great reef additions. Also the diamond gobies (at least mine anyways) eats anything and everything! Quite the pig of my tank. Lawnmower Blennies definitely have quite the personalities.

Anthias are amazing fish. I have some lined up to throw in my tank. The colors are unbelievable.

Getting into this a little late, but I've always liked wrasses and angels. There are way too many favorites in both but if I had to pick, it would probably be between a McCoskers Flasher or Mystery Wrasse and then for angels, probably a Gold Flake or something like an Eibli or multicolor for dwarfs.

Back
Top Bottom