Reef Safe Wrasse?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fijiwigi

Aquarium Advice Addict
Saltwater Aquarium Fish for Marine Reef Aquariums: McCosker's Flasher Wrasse, Male I was checking out live aquaria and was thinking of getting this fish for my 46g reef tank just wondering about its diet or any aggression issues. I think it should be ok. I wonder if it would be as vibrant of a color as the one they have pictured. 69.99 plus shipping is quite a bit to drop on such a small fish. If its boring without personality than I would be dissapointed

Or I could go with the cheaper six-line wrasse maybe? http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=15+1378+375&pcatid=375 Or even both?? I need some opinions

The first one should be OK but the sixline has for many folks has been very aggressive. There are some folks that say they have not had issues with them. IMO I would not have more than one wrasse in a 46 gallon tank.

Thanks Zig. I was looking at the 8-line at a lfs but wasnt sure. Would do well in my tank at least.

Fairy wrasses should be housed in harems (1:3+) and if housed singly males tend to lose their vibrant colors (nothing to show off to) ;) They are definitely worth it though.

What about Pseudocheilinus ocellatus (Mystery or Whitebarred wrasse), Wetmorella nigropinnata (Possum or Sharpnose wrasse), hogfish, or even a tile fish?

fwiw I have a 6 line wrasse and he's pure evil. In fact, I'm going to figure out a way to catch him and move it to the new tank. He'll be alone.....ghads! he's a little monster.

Back
Top Bottom