Reef salt

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zactheninja

Aquarium Advice FINatic
What reef salt do you prefer? I'm looking between reef crystals and Kent's reef Salt mix, what's the difference?

Kent's is a little higher in all its elements. I've been using Kent for 10 months now and I'm perfectly satisfied with it.

That data is over 3 years old...... I use Red Sea Coral Pro, and it's nothing like what that table states. My last test of mixed salt (last week - freshly opened bucket) was 1.026/430/11.6/1420.

I think I'm gonna go with Kent's.

Higher trace elements are good.

Zactheninja said:
I think I'm gonna go with Kent's.

Higher trace elements are good.

Honestly I think Kent salt is the reason for my insane coraline growth in my tank but im not positive of that lol

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20121016_205436.jpg
    ForumRunner_20121016_205436.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 90
Mrc8858 said:
Honestly I think Kent salt is the reason for my insane coraline growth in my tank but im not positive of that lol

Well then we will find out, your coraline growth is somewhat the reason I'm gonna order kent in the next day or so. Lol.

It can become quite the annoyance right above the sandbed though at times. Especially if you keep lots of corals on the sandbed making it hard to see them at times haha

Mrc8858 said:
It can become quite the annoyance right above the sandbed though at times. Especially if you keep lots of corals on the sandbed making it hard to see them at times haha

I think I can deal with excess coraline lol.

I was using Kent Reef, and was happy with it..... I changed because I found the Alk was a bit higher in the Red Sea CP, and I have a friend that works in a local pet store who can get it for me for $40 a bucket!!

Phranque said:
I was using Kent Reef, and was fairly happy with it..... I changed because I found the Alk was a bit higher in the Red Sea CP, and I have a friend that works in a local pet store who can get it for me for $40 a bucket!!

Wow $40 a bucket would definitely get me to switch lol

Phranque said:
I was using Kent Reef, and was happy with it..... I changed because I found the Alk was a bit higher in the Red Sea CP, and I have a friend that works in a local pet store who can get it for me for $40 a bucket!!

That's an awesome deal...

How big is the bucket?

That data is over 3 years old...... I use Red Sea Coral Pro, and it's nothing like what that table states. My last test of mixed salt (last week - freshly opened bucket) was 1.026/430/11.6/1420.
Actually it's not quite 2 yrs old..."Last edited by bertoni; 11/08/2010 ", but anyway I tried about 6 or 7 buckets worth and my tests were very close to what's posted there. I didn't like the high calcium I was getting since it messed with my daily dosing scheme. I like the regular version better. I will only use either regular Red Sea or Instant Ocean. It depends on what my LFS has in stock or if either is on sale. ;)

Back
Top Bottom