Reef Sump/Fuge Help! Pleeeeease!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
for reef crystals it's 1/2 cup per gallon of water. You'll still want to measure the salt and test the water. Much easier to add more salt then try and add water to an already full and bulging tote.

well, whats a good cheap refractometer i can get? i know hydrometers are unreliable

I have a sybon and it's great, comes with a case, dropper, and calibration solution. I think I paid around $50 for it.

im actually about to snatch that up, awesome, do you currently have it..?
That's the one I have. ATC isn't the brand that just means Automatic Temperature Calibrating. Works well. I haven't had to do any adjustment to the calibration in 6 months or more

That's the one I have. ATC isn't the brand that just means Automatic Temperature Calibrating. Works well. I haven't had to do any adjustment to the calibration in 6 months or more

ah sweet just snatched it up :D

How do you calibrate it?

With those you can use rodi water and calibrate to zero or use the calibration fluid and calibrate to 36. All you have to do is take the dropper and drop some ro water on the glass close it and look through it if its not at zero you take the screw driver and turn the screw till you hit zero. With the calibration fluid you drop some on the glass wait a few seconds look and it should be at 36 1.026 and your done. Take the dropper take some of your tank water drop in glass that's your salt level.

Back
Top Bottom