Reefbreeders Photon 48's in a hinged hood help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

amonk

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey everyone!

I am about to order a new set of lights. The Reefbreeder photon 48's. My problem is I have a 75 gallon Acrylic aquarium with a fully hinged hood. Meaning you lift the entire hood up, which, contains the lights and ballasts and everything, with two big hinges on the back.

The light will fit into the hood just fine. I have done all the needed measurements base don the dimensions from their website.

I need a way of securing the lights into the hood while maintaining space for the power cord at the top of the fixture but still be able to open the hood for maintenance and feeding without the light banging around inside (if hung). I have seen people do some things with hoods and rails, however, I am not sure this will be a solution since I cannot slide the light into the rails from any given side.

So my question is...

Has anyone ever done this before? If so do you have pictures or a procedure?

I will post pics of my hood as soon as I can get home and do so this evening.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

p.s.
On a side note I do have one more question. I have been trying to figure out the manufacturer of my aquarium for some time an dI am wondering if anyone here might know. Here is a basic description and a few bad pics that I happen to have here.

The aquarium is a 75 gallon with rounded front edges.
It has a black acrylic back and a left corner overflow.
Now the strange part is the entire stand it sits on is the sump and I have it hold about 55g of water. The sump/stand is split into three equal portions with a PVC return that splits and dumps the DT water into the two outside compartments. You access the Sump by pulling a cover/shelf in the front/bottom of the DT. Any help in finding who made this would be appreciated. These are really old photos and the tank is much fuller and is growing out nicely. :brows:

IMG_2024.jpg

IMG_1885.jpg

IMG_1884.jpg

IMG_1883.jpg

Bump. I want to know if anybody has had any experience with this? I got a 55gal Tenecor and plan on doing the same...

Possibly get some brackets to hang it up on the top of canopy and if fans are on top you can cut holes where fans are on top of canopy

Well finally 3 weeks or so later after ordering them my lights are finally being shipped today... So hopefully soon I can let the games begin...

Back
Top Bottom