ReefCleaners

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DaveMc

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Good afternoon everyone :)

I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with reefcleaners.org. Out of curiosity I submitted a request for them to send me a recommendation for a cuc and this is what they sent for my 10g nano...

• 8 Dwarf Ceriths
  • 3 Nassarius
  • 4 Florida Ceriths
  • 4 Nerites

It appears they have good prices but was wondering if anyone has dealt with them and their experience.

Many thanks :)

Reefcleaners is amazing but john can't count so be prepared for a snail bomb

Adding a couple hermit crabs and small shrimps would add diversity instead of only snails. Just my opinion though

I agree. My original thought was some snails, sexy shrimp and either porcelain crabs or pom pom crabs. Just found it strange that all they suggested was snails lol.

Thanks Anthony :)

I agree. My original thought was some snails, sexy shrimp and either porcelain crabs or pom pom crabs. Just found it strange that all they suggested was snails lol.

Thanks Anthony :)

They deal in cuc inverts mainly, and shrimp and the crabs your interested in aren't really cuc. You may have selected snails only when you were filling out your info for their recommendations. You will probably get a hermit or 2 in there aswell, but IMO the only hermit you would really want to add to your tank would be the dwarf zebras, they stay smaller and the larger hermits have a habit of bulldozing frags. Just my $.02 on the hermits though

HAHAHA :lol: well if it puts me on the winning end then no problem(y)

Oh you will be, just triple what he says and you'll be close to what you get. His policy is always send extras incase of doas and he rarely has doas so...... Snail bomb!!

They deal in cuc inverts mainly, and shrimp and the crabs your interested in aren't really cuc. You may have selected snails only when you were filling out your info for their recommendations. You will probably get a hermit or 2 in there as well, but IMO the only hermit you would really want to add to your tank would be the dwarf zebras, they stay smaller and the larger hermits have a habit of bulldozing frags. Just my $.02 on the hermits though

I may have selected only snails, thought I put crabs on there too lol. I will check into the dwarf zebra's, would love to have a couple hermits for sure and if he includes extra's then I know I will be ordering from there. Not to mention he has some awesome prices on the site!

Thanks everyone :) I will def be getting my cleanup crew from them. I always look at things like testimonials on sites and feel you really don't know unless you ask someone who has ordered from them. :thanks:

You know you don't actually need a cleanup crew, right? You can have just as nice a system with absolutely no shrimp, crabs, or snails. Just remember that whatever you add to the tank must have food to sustain them.

You know you don't actually need a cleanup crew, right? You can have just as nice a system with absolutely no shrimp, crabs, or snails. Just remember that whatever you add to the tank must have food to sustain them.

Oh I agree, I have just always loved having inverts since my freshwater tank is limited to these type of inhabitants, especially their bright colors. :)

Well then, I prefer porcelain crabs to hermits. Hermits tend to eat your snails. 3 nassarius is fine as long as you make sure they are getting food. They don't eat crap and detritus as the internet says...they eat meaty foods.

Well then, I prefer porcelain crabs to hermits. Hermits tend to eat your snails. 3 nassarius is fine as long as you make sure they are getting food. They don't eat crap and detritus as the internet says...they eat meaty foods.

The porcelain crabs are what really got me, them and the sexy shrimp lol. My current updated list for inverts is as follows...may have to take the hermit off if they will eat the snails :blink:

Sexy Shrimp x 3
Cleaner Shrimp x 1
Porcelain Crab x 2
Pom Pom Crab x 2
Hermit Crab x 1
Astrea Snails x 2
Nassarius Snails x 3

The presence of my blue jaw trigger fish proves your point, my inverts have been long gone with no ill effects. CUC really just re-circulate the organic materials they feed on. They are useful in my opinion for getting food out of nooks and crannies and can be fun to watch, but not necessary.

I would for sure not get a hermit crab. It went through three of my Mexican turbo snails within a two week period. Finally had to get him out of there, kind of sad because he was nice and big. He also had a tiny feather duster on his shell

Good to know about the hermits, will mark that one off the list lol.

I have hermits and snails in my tank and my heits have never eaten any snails. They have been together for almost 2 years. Im not saying they dont eat snails, ive just never had a problem with it.

Back
Top Bottom