Reefer Challenge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MikeYQM

Aquarium Advice Freak
As reef keepers, we have an intrinsic attachment to the oceans of the world. Unfortunately, one of the simplest practices (and others) - bagging fish & corals - is supporting a practice which is damaging the worlds oceans every day. Tons of single use plastics are introduced into the worlds oceans every year and are destroying the ecosystems within.

Need further shocking proof? Google the "Great Pacific Garbage Patch". These plastics will NEVER go away. Ever.

My suggestion: Rarely do we purchase fish/coral on impulse so next time you head to your LFS, take your own container with you. A screw top ziplock container is a cheap & reusable way around the bagging or double bagging of your live stock purchase.

If you are a LFS rep, offer a for fee upgrade @ checkout for this option as well. I would use it on my order every time.

I challenge you to pass this on to your friends, associations, other forums & LFS as food for thought.

What if your traveling long distances to get your stuff. Doesn't it last longer in a sealed bag

Sqasnatch said:
What if your traveling long distances to get your stuff. Doesn't it last longer in a sealed bag

As long as the contents are the same, air & water, the vessel doesn't matter. I would assume the thicker plastic in a rigid container would provide marginally better insulation anyways.

Back
Top Bottom