reeflux 10k

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

steve r

Aquarium Advice FINatic
just thought i would share a recent experience. i just change my bulbs out a fews weeks ago. i went from the 250w SE coralvue 14k to 250w SE coralvue reeflux 10k. the SPS growth and color has been amazing! one digitata i have has always been brown and very fragile. with the 10k reeflux it turned very blue and strong.

i have heard that hardcore SPS fans favor 10k lighting. i would tend to agree in this case. all my SPS are in top condition and growing very nice.

maybe the reeflux are a better match with my coralvue ballasts than other coralvue bulbs?

steve r

I also love the reeflux bulbs. I am running 14ks right now but I might try the 10k's next. Sometimes I feel I am running too much blue in my tank as SPS frags don't stay the same color when I sell to some people with less actinic in their tanks :(

For the price, they are a great bulb, IMO. I use CV ballasts as well.

Using a CV lamp in conjunction w/ CV ballast gets the best results. They compete relatively well, in conjunction w/ each other, against other more expensive ballast/lamp combo's.
steve r said:
i went from the 250w SE coralvue 14k to 250w SE coralvue reeflux 10k. the SPS growth and color has been amazing!
I did that also, and you summed up my experience as well. I'm very happy w/ my CV electronic ballast in conjunction w/ the Reeflux lamps. The color of the 10k Reeflux w/ some actinic fluorescents looks good IMO. My only complaint is one of my Reeflux lamps blew with less than three months use and I ended up paying for the replacement.

Back
Top Bottom