Reefrunner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrWrasse

Aquarium Advice Regular
I just looked through your picture gallery....great pics man. I was thinking its time for you to upgrade you camera and send me your old one :)

LOL, I did just upgrade my camera, received the new one this past tuesday, and wed, I sold my old one and shipped it north ;)

i know. and if i didn't have to work that day and I could have gotten to my email in time it would be mine, but no use crying over spilled milk. :mrgreen:

It's a fuji s7000, I like it, and it was an upgrade from the 995, but it is disappointing in some areas. It could have been so much better, but it is better than what I had, and it was cheaper than the 995 when I bought it, and it has a much better color rendition, so I'm pretty happy with it. I shot in RAW with it the other night, and let me just say, it is totally awesone doing the processing outside the cam. White balance and everything is set after the pic is taken, pretty cool ;)

jackdp, that might be the answer to the s5000 not having a manual white balance ;)

I could have saturated this one a hair more.
DSCF0365.jpg

I liked this one...
DSCF0375.jpg

DSCF0374.jpg

Pics look great, I haven't played with the RAW on my cam yet. I guess you use PS to do the processing and set the WB etc. The more pics I take with my new cam and the more I get used to it, the more I like it. Its like a friend of mine keeps telling me, no matter what camera I would have bought, I still wouldn't be totally satisifed with it lol.

Nope there is give and take to each cam, you got to find what fits in to your experience level, your photographic ability, and your budget. PS will not read the RAW file, PhotoShop CS has a RAW converter with it, but even that has to be updated at adobe.com to read Fuji's .RAF extension. There are a few freeware RAW converters that are supposed to be decent, the one bundled with the fuji software sucks! Loof for S7DRAW or something like that. I'll find it tomorrow and post a link. RAW also provides a better image, and if you under expose the pic...you can bump up the exposure etc....

PS=PhotoShop

The first version of Photoshop to have a RAW converter is PhotoShop CS.

RAW is the mode the camera stores the picture in. RAW files are exactly what the ccd sees when you tank the picture, with no in camera manipulation, for white balance, softening or sharpening, no jpeg compression, no saturation or any of the things done to the picture in camera that are done to other files.

Hey RR, how big is your tank, jugding by the picture, it has to be big one for you to be able to maintain the health of your corals/fishy, the pictures give the look of a really healthy tank, isn' it?

Yes, the tank is healthy, have to frag the corals regularly, the fish are healthy etc...It's not a large tank, it's 20g ;)

Back
Top Bottom