Refractometer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a 30 dollar one that works great. I think i got it from ebay tho... Or maybe amazon! Check amazon! Lol

Bulk Reef Supply has one I use for about $30 and it comes with calibration fluid. There's almost always a group buy going on you can jump in on to get a little discount as well.

I calibrate mine with RO/DI. I also have a digital refractometer. I see no reason to have one that is a telescope that requires a light source to see my salinity when I can see it given to me on a digital screen.

Sniperhank said:
I calibrate mine with RO/DI. I also have a digital refractometer. I see no reason to have one that is a telescope that requires a light source to see my salinity when I can see it given to me on a digital screen.

The only reason I've got is price. 50$ or 100+$ is a big difference if I'm going to get the same results.

Alright, bought one from my lfs. Pretty excited, now I just need to go get some RO water to calibrate it. Do I need RO or RODI for calibration. Just wondering.

Back
Top Bottom