Refreeze Mysis?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Oscarr19

Aquarium Advice Addict
Is it ok to refreeze mysis shrimp? I thawed too much when feeding my clowns.

I don't think you can either. You can go ahead and put it in a plastic cup and put your water in and feed every day till it`s gone storing the leftover in the refridgerator.

Darn, already put it in the freezer. Oh well, I'll throw it out. I'll just have to remember to cut smaller pieces from the cubes, stuffs pretty cheap anyway.

I heard to treat the food like we would. What I've been doing is putting a tiny piece of frozen food into a shot glass then thawing it with the tank water. Whatever is left over I put the glass in a ziplock and stick it in the fridge (for the smell). Just saying what's worked for me so far.

I make several days worth of food at a timer for my tanks, I use a red party cup and put it in the fridge for the daily feeding. When its empty I do it all over again. lol The frozen will keep in the fridge for several days.

I feed my fish with PE Mysis. It's not cheap. Probably twice as expensive as Hikari. I feed a little over half a cube and throw the rest away. I tried the fridge before. Too much effort, smell (I soak it in Garlic Guard every time) and mess.

I mix rods & mysis (strained first) in one of these condiment containers..... A squirt when you need it, works great..... Make up enough for a week ...mixed with tank water &..
Kept in the fridge of course...
image-160650577.jpg

I mix rods & mysis (strained first) in one of these condiment containers..... A squirt when you need it, works great..... Make up enough for a week ...mixed with tank water &.. Kept in the fridge of course...

Creative lol has anyone ever mistaken it with mustard?

I take a small glass cup with a lid and put about a week of food with zoe and garlic and put that in the fridge. The company website that makes the garlic says its safe to store food in the fridge with it for up to 3 weeks but i dont wanna keep it that long.

By the way ,, that was a Friday morning quick tip.. Thanks Mr. Saltwater Tank..... Lmao..

They won't put it on a sandwich more than once.. Lol..... Usually have it marked with the day I mix it......

Back
Top Bottom