refuge question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crook280

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i've decided on making a 10 gallon refuge for my 10 gallon tank. in the intake area, will be a skimmer, heater and intake from main tank of course. then i was going to use three baffles to reduce bubbles, which will empty into the refuge area. and to give you the whole picture, i will then use 2 baffles to divide the return pump from refuge. i tried to find out what exactly i need to put in the refuge. i have some chaetomorpha and this other algae i can't identify (http://www.aquariumadvice.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=10636). i already have some florida crushed coral a wouldn't mind not going to waste. also how much lighting will i need? thanks

Toss the CC and get some sand, lr rubble and some macro algae. Lighting can be cheap lighting from HD I have to look for the post where it tells you the name of the bulb?? I use a 65 watt pc light aqualight, on mine but my friends use the HD light and it works well. Its a screw in PC bulb...???
how do you plan on getting the water from the tank into the sump/fuge.

cc is going to be gone soon. would i need that mud stuff? i sure wouldn't mind knowing the hd light, is it screw in bulb or florescent? if you tell me what forum it was posted in i could start digging. i built a box in the corner of the main tank with a drilled hole to connect to sump/refuge. by the way would my design be a sump or a refuge? thanks

Back
Top Bottom