Refugium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What should it be?

Should I go back to my CFL and get a 6500k? I calculated that the fuge section is about 8 gallons

So after a little research I've learned that 3w LED is approximately the same output as 24/25w of halogen lighting. That brings me to 3 watts per gallon. I think I'll take my chances before getting a new fixture.

So after a little research I've learned that 3w LED is approximately the same output as 24/25w of halogen lighting. That brings me to 3 watts per gallon. I think I'll take my chances before getting a new fixture.
If this doesn't work, you can use a simple home depot clip on fixture with a curly-Q energy saver bulb.

Mine started doing that, I replaced the filter pad I had, cleaned it off and put fresh carbon

Should I trust my HM Digital TDS meter over my handheld I got from eBay? The digital says 0 is coming out of the DI chambers and 69 is coming in from house. The handheld reads 3ppm in the topoff water

Should I trust my HM Digital TDS meter over my handheld I got from eBay? The digital says 0 is coming out of the DI chambers and 69 is coming in from house. The handheld reads 3ppm in the topoff water

stick with the HM Digital, the cheap inline and ebay ones do not have a temperature compensators in them. Make sure you get calibration fluid also, they need checked and recalibrated every couple of months or when you think your filters need changed

Back
Top Bottom