Refugium mud or Sand?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I personally like sand in my display tank, just makes it look more natural and can be beneficial. However I wouldn't put sand or 'mud' in the refugium. I would just put some small pieces of live rock and some rubble in there along with some macro algae. I use chaeto in mine so no need in rooting anything. Just what I prefer, but there are many options out there. Some are good, some not so good.

I personally like sand in my display tank, just makes it look more natural and can be beneficial. However I wouldn't put sand or 'mud' in the refugium. I would just put some small pieces of live rock and some rubble in there along with some macro algae. I use chaeto in mine so no need in rooting anything. Just what I prefer, but there are many options out there. Some are good, some not so good.

Thanks.
I have decided to go with the sand in the display tank and some small pieces of rock in the refugium. I think it will look better and have a purpose as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom