I'm converting my 29 gallon tank into a sump/fuge for my 75 gallon setup. I've just completed buidling a new acrylic drip tray as I've decided to stay with the bio balls (moving them over from my current wet/dry). My plan is to run the flow through the bio balls (left side) into a center area with the return pump. Water will also be pumped out of the center into a refugium on the right that will spill back into the center.
1. Do you see any problem using a small pump that runs through my UV
filter out of the center area into the fuge? Or would it be better to use the outlet with ball valve part of my mag 9.5 return pump? I'd think that might be too strong but could go that way if running the UV
in line to the fuge would be a problem...
2. I plan on sand, LR
, and macro in the fuge. How deep and what type of sand should I use?
3. Am I correct in thinking that Chaetomorpha is the best option?
4. The fuge part is about 12" x 12" x 12". What type/how much lighting is necessary?
5. I should run the fuge lighting on an opposite cycle as the main tank, correct?
6. Will the Chaeto grow fast and is it good to clip it and feed it to my tang, flame angel on a clip? Should I grow an additional type of macroalgae for this purpose?
7. What is the simplest/best way to feed a pod population in a fuge?
Thanks. I'm sure I'll think of more...