regal or powder blue?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lando

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am thinking about getting a regal tang or a powder blue tang. Does anyone have comments on either? I know they are both ich magnets but I would choose a good one and QT. Differences in behavior and personality? Finding Nemo has certainly driven up the price for Regals. My LFS actually has Powder blues for $60 and regals for $70. Not sure if I will get either, just curious what everyones thoughts were. Thanks...Lando

I love my powderblue. I have it in a 80 gal tank. My tank is an odd shape and its 6' long so the fish has room to dart from one end to the other and it does on several occaions. The powerblue is definatly a fish that should have ample swimming area.

While powerblues are ichmagnets mine has been fairly disease free for the time that I have had mine. I think I got my powerblue in 2001.

my vote is for the powder blue also! but you should do whatever your heart desires!
good luck,
Mermaid

I just got my Regal Tang - your LFS price is high! I got my Regal for about $40. She's so adorable. I have her in the QT right now. She loves doing Dukes of Hazard moves sliding under her PVC pieces! :D

I think they are both beautiful. The thing about the Powder Blues is that they need a larger aquarium than the Regal. The Powder Blues are also semi-aggressive (very aggressive towards other tangs and surgeonfish). :cat:

Back
Top Bottom