regal tang and yellow tang?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pomme

Aquarium Advice Freak
i am in the process of setting up my tank, and am thinking up my stocking levels, the tank will be aroung 100g.

i am thinking of having the clean up crew of 24 red legs and 12 super (Trochus) and 6 turbo snails, all from STM.

i am then thinking of adding 2 common clowns. then after a while, a coral beauty and flame angle at the same time, and then again after some time hopefully a regal tang and yellow tang?

does this all sound okay?

i know the other two beings tang might fight, but i was thinking of that adding them at the same time that they wont be terretorial to start with, and with them being such different colours and sizes, i was hoping it would be okay.

what do you guys think?

I think one will get picked on. So will your other fish too. Then again, you haven't overstocked the tank, so you might get away with it.

I would think that the two angels would fight more than the two tangs. The tangs aren't quite the same body shape, so they would probobly be ok, especially in a large tank, but the angels may bicker.

:hat:

a coral beauty and flame angle

These 2 together might be a problem, as their coloration is similar.

I don't see a problem with the 2 Tangs - but I'd definitely suggest a 6' tank (125g). We have a Yellow Tang, a Purple Tang, and a Regal Tang in our 180g, and they get along fine. The Yellow & Purple have been together over 4 years.

either way would be ok, but i'd stay away from 2 tangs. Put in the angel first and try not to have a tang and angelfish that are similar colors.

Back
Top Bottom