Regal Tang question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishman

Aquarium Advice Addict
I switched all of my fish and rock over this weekend from a 125 to a 100 gallon due to a leak. My question is all of the levels are as they were before....0 across the board on trites and trates as well as ammonia. PH is 8.1 to 8.4 (range)....temp is 80-82. My regal was eating his Nori every day and all that I put in there. Now he wont even nibble at it...however any other food I put in there he and all of the others eat like crazy just like before.
Its almost is if he is more interested in swimming around and exploring than eating...is this normal? I have changed nothing from when he was in the other tank. Just curious?

We had our Regal tang for over 4 yrs and if I ever rescaped the LR in the tank or added a larger new piece he would act just the same, even getting a little pale from stress. Once he was done inspecting he would return to normal color and feeding habits as well... Always with in 24-48 hours.

Warmly,
Kimberly

Well I went home to find that the regal has eaten a portion of the nori sheet I put out for him and now he seems fine...he si still checking everything out though which I guess is normal....he never seemed stressed but just way to curious to want to stop and eat the nori...guess its all good again! :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom