Regarding mail-order fish and corals....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

runway1

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Tell me about your good/bad experiences with mail order fish and coral. Anybody have a strong preference toward a specific dealer?

Thanks all! Great forum.

I have ordered fish from liveaquara.com a few times and have had good success with them. They have good prices and a great 14 day warrenty. Kivestock showed up in good shape and when I had a lose,theyrefunded my money with no questions asked. Didn't even want the fish back. I have also ordered corals from them and was not too impressed. They just do not ship the greatest. I now prefer to hand pick mine at the LFS.

I have purchased a few inverts from them with no issues. I like to see the fish before I buy, so I have not purchased any of my fish online.
Although Fed Ex almost screwed me up last winter. It was Christmas time, cold as heck and my box didn't arrive.
I had to go to the airport at 10:00 at night to find the box. One of the workers was kind enough to go digging for it or it would have been icewater by the next moring. :?
Just don't order right before Christmas!!

I like to see the fish adjust well to the water at the LFS, before i take them home. It is a precautionary step i take. As for corals, as long as the shipping is done correctly, i dont think it poses a problem. However, i do like seeing what i but first.

I ordered Hermet Crabs, Polyps, Cleaner Shrimp, and a Star Fish from Live Aquaria.com my neightbor actually signed for it and they left it outside for about an hour before I got home. Good thing there was a heat pack with them or else the end result would have been bad. But everything arrived alive and I like them all no expience with fish however.

Back
Top Bottom