Remora owners, how often do you clean the collection cup?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

grimlock3000

Aquarium Advice Addict
In my rather limited experience with this skimmer, it seems to work much better once the collection cup neck is slimed up on the inside. The AquaC directions indicate that you should clean the collection cup and the cup next as often as possible to produce better skimmate. I completeley cleaned the cup and next last night with tap water and paper towels, this morning I had almost no skimmate in the cup. My Remora is only a couple weeks old, so it might be a bit picky.

So I am curious if the Remora owners let the collection cup neck get nasty before doing anything about it, or if you clean it on a regular basis and get better results?

We empty the cup about once a week and scrub the unit about once a month. With cleaning, my results are about the same. Within a few hours, there is always foam.

One a week here. I run the collection cup under hot water, which removes the gunk in the neck. Takes a couple hours to start skimming again after this.

Back
Top Bottom