Remora Pro with a Mag3 pump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JonSolo

Aquarium Advice Regular
I'm currently considering purchasing a Remora Pro with a Mag3 pump, but have some questions that I thought AA may be able to help me with.

Is this skimmer a "Plug and Play" or will it need adjusting to perform well? i.e. airflow or waterflow adjusting

Is there any special types of maintenance I will need to perform for this skimmer?

Thanks

I have 2 of these I bought from Captivereefs.com. They are basically plug and play. You will need to allow about 2 weeks for break in but nothing needed on your part. I adjust my "o-ring" on the top of the collection cup but this is very easy to do. Also I dump mine every week and clean the collection cup as well...it is up and running by the next day again..HTH

Is this skimmer a "Plug and Play" or will it need adjusting to perform well? i.e. airflow or waterflow adjusting

The setup is about as plug-n-play as you can get. The only thing to adjust is the height of the collection cup. Once you get the collection cup to a heght that works good for your tank, you rarely have to worry about it.

Is there any special types of maintenance I will need to perform for this skimmer?

Basic pump maintence applies to the Mag 3. People would typically not reccomend the Rio pumps with the Remoras because they require a lot of maintence to run right. The skimmer itself can last for a very long time before you have to clean it. Once the skimmer gets a little gunked up, they actually work better :)

I am buying a Remora in the next few days. I kept trying to find a cheaper solution, but the extra money for the Remora with a good pump seems well worth it.

Remoras are almost set and forget. Just clean the collection cup once a week, The pump every other month and the skimmer every six months and thats about it. Once the collection cup height is determined it can pretty much stay running great with no adjustments for a long time! I recomend and only sell them with the upgraded pumps. I do not trust rios!

Back
Top Bottom