Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-29-2004, 10:49 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

RemoraC Causing Microbubbles

I have just recently setup my tank about 2 weeks ago, and I am still seeing micro-bubbles everywhere. The only thing that is running on the tank is a RemoraC skimmer and two PH. Do I need to adjust the valve on the skimmer?

When I was watching the skimmer the microbubbles seem to be coming from the water return. I have the prefilter for the RemoraC so do I need to adjust it so that the return runs directly into the second chamber. Right now there is a slight space between and I think that the space is causing the bubbles. Thanks for the help.

Old 12-29-2004, 12:35 PM   #2

It will stop just give the skimmer a few weeks to slime up. The bubbles are harmless.

Old 12-29-2004, 08:04 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to XXFirefighter Send a message via Yahoo to XXFirefighter
the return should be in the 2nd chamber 100%..
how can you not have it in the chamber?
Old 12-30-2004, 10:47 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

The run off does fall into the chamber, but there is like 1/8 inch space between the bottom lip of the return and the top of the pre-skimmer. It looks like this

_______________ Bottom of return
Space were water is falling
_____________ top of pre-skimmer

So my question is should I submirse the bottom of the return into the pre-skimmer w/o any space in between. Thanks for the help.
Old 12-31-2004, 12:50 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to XXFirefighter Send a message via Yahoo to XXFirefighter
my water outlet has no space... Wait till your sponge gets some "stuff" in it and the water level will rise and you'll be set !
Old 01-23-2005, 05:47 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Freak

Although I was not the original poster, I was following this thread back in December, because my Aqua C Remora skimmer is also causing many micro bubbles. After Darin said give it a month, I decided to wait and see what happens.

It has been over a month and I am still full of micro bubbles. It seems the micro bubbles initiate with the skimmer. Then I have 2 maxi jet 1200s that must suck them in and they have a burst of more micro bubbles every minute or so (maybe after they build up in there). The maxi that is further from the skimmer does it less frequently and the one by it does it more.

Any suggestion? They are annoying and make the tank appear less clear. Yesterday we cleaned up the tank a little and moved the Maxi's as far as possible from the skimmer, but it is still happening.

TIA
DJ
Aqua C Remora Protein Skimmer
Acqua C Remora Pre-Skimmer
75 pounds Live Rock
30" 2x65w Coralife Lunar Aqualights
Diatom Filter
Turbo Twist UV

2 Percula Clowns, Diamond Golby, Flame Angel, Royal Gramma, Lawnmower Blenny, PPmint shrimp, 3 emerald crabs and a huge cleaning crew (snails and crabs)
djmpj2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 07:56 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Activist

Send a message via AIM to born2chill
I also purchased a Remora Pro from Darin recently. It has been running for 4 days in my recently setup SW tank. All it does is produce micro bubbles. I haven't gotten any skimmate yet. How long does it take for these things to produce skimmate? The microbubbles are annoying because once in a while they build up and my filter output shoots a bunch of them out into the tank. They go away quickly, but its still annoying to see that happening.
Old 01-23-2005, 07:58 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Freak

Mine is skimming like crazy. I do think that took a few days. I empty it every few days and it is full of yucky greenish water.

DJ
75 pounds Live Rock
Diatom Filter
Turbo Twist UV

2 Percula Clowns, Diamond Golby, Flame Angel, Royal Gramma, Lawnmower Blenny, PPmint shrimp, 3 emerald crabs and a huge cleaning crew (snails and crabs)
Old 01-23-2005, 08:06 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Activist

Send a message via AIM to born2chill
How low do you set your collection cup? The bubbles in the skimmer are only traveling about halfway up the tube leading to the collection area. I'm getting worried that my aquac unit is a dud.
Old 01-23-2005, 09:31 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Freak

The collection cup is set a little less than 1/2 way down. Initially we just got foam in the tube, then a little later came the green water.

DJ

75 pounds Live Rock
Diatom Filter
Turbo Twist UV

Tags
bubble, bubbles, microbubbles

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com