Removing Canister Filter from Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

macman7010

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have an Ehiem Pro canister that has been on my reef since I set it up 2 years ago. The sunction cups on the intake and output are shot and the canister is not performing like it used to. The substrat and other biological medias are ultra well established and I hate to remove the filter. The problem is with faulty sunction cups the output and intake are constantly coming off the glass making not only an eyesore but an aggravation. The filter, that used to only need cleaned ever few months now needs cleaned all the time.

I was planning on just taking the canister filter off the tank altogether. If I do that the pro clear aquatics sump/wet-dry filter will be the only filtration. Do you guys think that would suffice for my reef. Its a large wet dry system with Chemi-Pure and Phos-Ban in it and it is powered by a 500 gph pump w/ 2 UV sterilizors.???

the lr is your main filtration so if you take off the cannister it wont hurt , i plan on buying that exact same proclear wet/dry talked to a couple members who said its good for a reef

Back
Top Bottom