Removing detritus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TraceyB4602

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I just realized that one of my power heads ( which is my under rock power head) stopped working. It's back in working mode now, was just stuck, but. Ow it's pumped up a lot of detritus that was apparently not getting flowed out while the power head was down. Any easy way to get this off my rocks, because after I got it working it just pushed it all around the tank and had landed on the rocks. I keep going on and using a power head to get it into the water again but should I shove a bag in my sump to catch it all or do you think my skimmer will take care of it? Image1485203549.680703.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You can use a turkey baster to blow any detritus off of rocks that has been missed. Proper filtration through things like filter socks will catch anything that is being flushed out.

Or you can use airline tubing to suck out some water but all the detritus, it works better than a turkey baster. All you have to do is create a python with the air line tubing.

Back
Top Bottom