Removing Phosphates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ReefRaff

Aquarium Advice Addict
Can I use Phosphate pads, by letting them float around in my Mixing/holding can. at least as a temporary measure, till I save more buck's to get a nice 2-Stage RO/DI? The LR cleaned me out for now. If so, How many should I get? and how long do they last?

I would put them in some type of filter that will circulate the water through them. That type of media does poorly with passive filtration.

I use a plastic corner canister filter (with an air pump)...really cheap and added some poly filter media. I use it for my top off as well as SW change water....

How much are you saving? I just bought a 50GPD RO/DI 5-stage for $129 plus S&H I think the 75GPD is like $149....

I have a poly filter but still get allot of algea. I thought that poly filter and a Phosphate pad were separate animals. now I admit I haven't changed the pad in like two months. As soon as the other tank is up and running, I will be tearing this one down to build a deluxe stand. I just want to have some sort of temporary measure for removing Phosphates from my Spare water before doing my water change. At least until I can afford my RO/DI. :?

Just get a cheap hob powerfilter that will move the water some and fill it with the PO4 absorbing resin. I will admit, I'm not real fond of PO4 sponges, they contain alluminum and that tends to have a poor effect on leathers.

HOB? Hang on back? I have a millenium 3000 that I probably won't use. But how do I get it to hang on a round container and keep the lid closed.

PO4 Resin? is that like a really pasty kind of stuff?

HOB=hang on back

PO4 removing resin is anything like phosgard or the PO4 sponges etc... I guess media would have been a better choice of words, I remember when all you could get was a resin.

Back
Top Bottom