rent-a-fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stumpy

Aquarium Advice Activist
I lost my other clown today. Water checked out just fine. Shrimp,gobie,snails all ok. I had this clown a little over two months. Sometimes I feel like I just rent fish instead of owning them. Now I gotta figure out how to tell my wife I need another 40 bucks.

Sorry for your loss. 40 for one clown isn't high if they came as a pair. Pairs are usually a bit more expensive. Quick run out and replace it before she finds out it's gone :roll:

well what kind of clown is it ? 40 bucks does seem a bit high... the most ive seen for one clown is $29 for a pink skunk..

i bought a pair of TR perculas for $25

Sorry, the 40 bucks comment came out wrong. I lost my other clown about 3 weeks ago. The larger (female) was, it seemed, a little too aggressive in showing who was more dominant. I think the clown that died a few weeks ago was being picked on by the larger clown. They cost $19.99 each. I thought I would get 2 more whenever I find another 40 bucks laying around.
The clown has been acting perfectly normal. Eating fine,swimming,playing. No signs of disease.

Is that in your 10 gallon or your 30? I have had my perc from jo-mar's for couple weeks now. He is doing great. Have you had any problems with any other fish from jo-mar's?

I was going to go down to jo-mar's friday and get a second but everyone seems to think they will fight. So I may get a firefish instead.

Sure you don't have an isopod or something? I found a parasitic isopod in the rock I got from jo-mar's. I killed him tho.

Man how did you get some many kudo's....Man I must not be giving out any good info :x

My 10 is still cycleing. I've only had one fish that was a problem from there. I brought home a dottyback about a year ago that developed ick and wiped out my entire fish population (2 clowns, a firefish and the dottyback) in about a week. I accept responsabilty for not quaranting it first. The guys at Jo-Mars have always been real good to me.

Did you get down there today?

I dont think ich would wipe your whole tank out in just one week. Maybe you got something in there that is killing your fish. Some other disease. Have you been able to keep any fish alive since then??

Sorry for your loss... :(

I checked my notes and it was more like a total of 3 weeks. My lfs offered to take my fish and put them in their hospitol tank but it was a very busy time for me (work,kids soccer,etc) and my fish died before I was able to get them down there. I left the tank fallow for the whole summer but have been ok since then.

Back
Top Bottom