Replacing substrate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bighabeeb

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey all - ok so, most of you have probably already read my stuff but, quickie run-down.
72 gallon tank, got destroyed by 5 day power outage, everything dead, coralline falling all over the place etc etc etc

Fast forward a month: its running well again, nitrates and trites at 0, phos at 0 etc, everything where it should be. One small zoanthid colony put in, one firefish, one sleeper goby. T5 lighting, tons of live rock, snails, and a handful of hermits.

*whew* ok so with all of that in mind. I currently have a medium grain sand/rock substrate. I'm thinking of replacing it with live/argonite because it just looks nicer...
Thoughts on this? Will it cause issues to an already running tank to do so? Any reasons why I SHOULDNT do it and any suggestion for how to get the substrate clean? Basically during that power outage a ton of corallin chipped off the rocks and piled up in there: while I know it's not causing harm, it looks ugly and I'd really like to clean it up - but without sucking out all my substrate.

Back
Top Bottom