Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-04-2012, 09:26 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

Rescaping Opinions

Which scape do you prefer the first pic or second?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120904_202422.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	62.5 KB
ID:	116765   Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120904_202453.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	62.8 KB
ID:	116766  

Old 09-04-2012, 09:28 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Better first pic.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	ForumRunner_20120904_202735.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	62.3 KB
ID:	116767  

Old 09-04-2012, 09:45 PM   #3
SW REEF 18+ YEARS
Community Admin

Tank of the Month Award

I like the second one better. This is one of those questions if you had 10 different pics then you would get 10 different answers. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

SITE ADMINISTRATOR

You can view many of my fish and corals in my photo albums in my profile.

View my tank

AA Community Rules|AA TOS

Forums 101 - posting, accounts, basics
melosu58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 10:15 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by melosu58
I like the second one better. This is one of those questions if you had 10 different pics then you would get 10 different answers. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
I agree with 58, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. If you like then who cares right? You have to stare at it all the time. Now with that being said....

For me, I like the second one better then the first. BUT....

I'd like to see rocks on each side. One side higher then the other, then for the center I like the little thing you going on so you can incorporate it into that scape. Like a bridge of corals and at the same time gaining a awesome tunnel and together giving the tank depth and the appearance of being bigger.

I think it would open the tank up but yet give it a bigger look. You'll gain some more room on the sand bed also for maybe a nice garden of zoas or brains, you get the point.

Don't get me wrong the tank looks awesome bro. Just being honest. I'd want someone to tell me the truth instead of always hearing the same thing lol. I know you know where I'm coming from and you know I respect you a lot.

EDIT:

Also wanted to add the right side looks shadowed and may prevent some awesome coral choices and the right side looks like it could hold a lot more rock. After looking at it again and again and yes... Again. I'd stack the right side high as well.

"When creating an aqua scape, strive for the beauty of imperfection, as its art and there is no wrong or right, it's left open for interpretation" James Findley
Convict2161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 10:19 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak

I like the 2nd one!
Old 09-04-2012, 10:30 PM   #6
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

Dude...you are covered in coraline, I'm jealous. Mine is growing sooo slow. Its great brother.
Sniperhank is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 10:34 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Convict2161

I agree with 58, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. If you like then who cares right? You have to stare at it all the time. Now with that being said....

For me, I like the second one better then the first. BUT....

I'd like to see rocks on each side. One side higher then the other, then for the center I like the little thing you going on so you can incorporate it into that scape. Like a bridge of corals and at the same time gaining a awesome tunnel and together giving the tank depth and the appearance of being bigger.

I think it would open the tank up but yet give it a bigger look. You'll gain some more room on the sand bed also for maybe a nice garden of zoas or brains, you get the point.

Don't get me wrong the tank looks awesome bro. Just being honest. I'd want someone to tell me the truth instead of always hearing the same thing lol. I know you know where I'm coming from and you know I respect you a lot.
Trust me no offense ever taken from your opinions that's why I called on you lol. I'm slowly in the process of rebuilding my entire tank actually. The large stack is the original stack which is proving difficult to reset not that my corals have encrusted so much. To give you an idea ill post the evolution of rockwork in my tank haha. My endgoal when I begin the transfer to the larger tanks is a design with many pillars and arches with a minimal footprint to give it a magrove root system look if you can picture what I'm saying. The new glued arch is the first step in that process which I'm on the hunt for a 155 bf which is proving extremely difficult to find lmao.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	ForumRunner_20120904_212915.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	32.3 KB
ID:	116793   Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120904_212953.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	116794  

Name:	ForumRunner_20120904_213048.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	63.1 KB
ID:	116795   Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120904_213214.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	61.5 KB
ID:	116796  

Name:	ForumRunner_20120904_213352.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	116797  
Old 09-04-2012, 10:38 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniperhank
Dude...you are covered in coraline, I'm jealous. Mine is growing sooo slow. Its great brother.
Thank you! I love the coraline but it sure can become a nuisance along the sandbed and up the corners lol
Old 09-04-2012, 10:46 PM   #9
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

What helped me with making a pillared look in my tank is not using fiji rock. I stuck with caribbean LR in both tanks. It is all pretty long and thin, rather than just a large rock full of holes. They made great base rocks though. Maybe I just got lucky though. In my last order off saltwaterfish.com, the larger rocks still had that look.

Personally, I still really like the last one where you made the piece in the middle. Are you able to do a similar with any of the rocks you have piled? You might want to look at putting some of the rocks on their sides too so you can keep things going high.
Sniperhank is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 10:49 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Addict

The only problem is the rocks on the left side that are huge have corals encrusted on to them now so moving them is proving to be VERY difficult. When I upgrade I may just take a chisel to all those rocks to split them up and remove my brains and acros

Tags
api, cap

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com