Rescue of a buddy!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MACATUA

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I was at the local Petsupplies Plus today (they were supposed to order me a cinnamon clown, but of course didn't.) Anyway, I saw a poor Tomato Clown huddled in a corner, his fins tattered and looking very scared. He wasn't breathing heavy, but he was housed with a Lion who was chasing him, some big ugly fish that I have ye tto identify but had teeth, and a trigger. I could not stand to see the little dude just be harrassed, so being the fish lover I am, I had to save him! I got him home, and he has alreaady perked up and looks more comfortable. However, what I want to know is how to help him. His tail fin is almost gone, all his fins are somewhat ragged, and he just looks kinda beat up in general. If he makes it I feel good about helping him, if not at least his last few days will be a little less stressful. Someone please help. What should I do? How long will it take for fins to grow back? Should i just let it happen?

Sorry for being so longwinded.

The fins should regrow over the corse of a few weeks. I would say provide good water conditions and a low stress enviorment with good nutrition and the fish should make a great recovery.

If the tomato is a juvenile...it is possible it is not a tomato (A. frenatus) but is a Cinnamon (A. melanopus), they are indistiguishable as juveniles ;)

Either way, I was kinda thinking the same thing. I really wanted a cinnamon, however I felt so bad for this one. In fact, to me, he is about 2 inches long, he looks more like a cinnamon, but I was going by the fish stores guy. Oh well, he is happier now and I like him.

By the way, his name is "Mater", even though he may be a cinnamon :lol:

YAY, he ate for the first time today, and even ventured out into open water for a while. Noone is bothering him at all, I was kinda worried about the Hawkfish messing with him, but everyone is good buddies.

Woo Hoo!

Back
Top Bottom