Research, research, research... fish wish list

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

StripesTheEel

Aquarium Advice Addict
So i've got all my equipment needs, tank needs etc.. This tank is scheduled for about 5 years away, but I'm bored and have nothing else to do so I have started plans now..

So..

550-600gal approx..

Fish
Blue Tang x2
Sohal Tang
Yellow Tang x3
Purple Tang
Tomato Clown x2
Ocellaris Clown x2
Flame Hawkfish
Blue green chromis x10
Queen Anthias x7
Bangaii Cardinal x5
Royal Gramma
Foxface Rabbitfish x2
Copperband Butterfly

Inverts
Cleaner Shrimp x10
Peppermint Shrimp x10
Coral Banded Shrimp x2
Snails x150
Hermits x80

Anyone foresee any problems? Overcrowded? Comments wanted?!!

Damn stripes, that is a big tank! The fish would be happy with that kind of real estate! :D Hey you know on a side topic, my friend is raising baby peppermint shrimp in her fuge. They've gotten really big, I can tell you how she did it if you're interested. For me it's not just saving money it's just amazing to see them survive and grow. With a tank that big you could breed the shrimp yourself in a fuge and put them into your tank when they get big enough. I am thinking of giving her two cleaners to breed in there for me. :wink:

Haha, I'm not fantasising either this IS going to happen. 5 years and counting LOL. Would it hurt to throw in a "black tang" as well..?

That is a lot of money! Water changes would suck

Yeah i know thats why 5 years haha, I'm gonna try and fully automate everything I can to make the water change as easy as possible.

Hey you know on a side topic, my friend is raising baby peppermint shrimp in her fuge. They've gotten really big, I can tell you how she did it if you're interested

Yeah i'd love to know..
Because the only problem I have is the price of shrimp - if i was to purchase x10 cleaners and x10 peppermints here thats over $2500!!

StripesTheEel said:
if i was to purchase x10 cleaners and x10 peppermints here thats over $2500!!

8O 8O 8O You know... I have always wanted to go to Australia... I'll just remember not to buy shrimp there!

She put a sponge where the water comes into the pump area, she cut it thin so as not to disturb water flow but keep what's in the fuge IN the fuge (pep's will crawl over the wall and get into where the pumps are if you do not, bad for babies). Then she put 2 pep's in there and waited for them to distribute the babies (she actually got to see this batch get released) After that she put tiny bits of spirilina tablets it the water to feed them (plus they get anything that gets in the water colum) and they are growing up nicely. Pretty easy actually. you just got to play with the fuge a bit to get the right size sponge (too big and you will have a mess on your hands). HTH With the price of pep's there you should be able to make some money off of it :D

Oh and also she did NOT put a sponge where the water comes IN first, only LR in that section (our fuges had 3 sections to them).

dont tangs hate eachother ecspecially other species?

Or would the tank be big enough to house a lot of them? just asking since you had like 6 of them on it lol.

I dont even want to imagine how much itll cost........ it cost me 250 for my 10 gallon.....times that by likke 50 any wholey bajesus............

Ok, to start off with, I have just started my 29 gallon tank. I currently live in Rockford Illinois and I wonder if anyone else here lives close. I am looking for Jelly Bean Goldfish but none of our LFS carry them. Does anyone know where I might find some? I am also looking for a Calico something like this. Second picture is of the Jelly Bean.

Attachments

• beauty.jpeg
    beauty.jpeg
    11 KB · Views: 92
Stripes,

With that much live rock and I'm assuming a big fuge, I'd really be upset if you didn't add a Mandarin (or even two).

No. Seriously. I'd be really upset.

- Skins

Yeah sump and refuge will be between 150-200 gallons. LR total will be anywhere between 1000-1200lbs dependant on aquascaping. I love the look of mandarins but have never had them before, but I may try them once this tank goes ahead.

Oh man the fuge will be as big or bigger than my tank 8O Hey so you have to do the thing with the shrimp then, you could make some serouis money from it. If you do it, just make sure you don't have any fish in there to gulp them up.

Back
Top Bottom