I think I have finally stopped or severly slowed algae from growing in my tank, but my liverock is now coated with half dead brown algae.
What steps, if any, should I take next. It started with Ich, two fish died and weren't recovered from the liverock (I was on vacation - long story). Anyway I have taken many measures since then, including removing all the phosphate using a phosphate sponge (level is now below 0.03
), cut down on light period - 4 hours per day, increased circulation in the tank, and increased water changes with RO
water. Now I appear to have no more algae growth, but my liverock is coated with what appears to be mostly dead algae. My snails are helping some, but at this rate it will be the end of the year before my liverock is cleaned. Any advice would be most welcome on what I should do next.
Thanks in advance.