retail stores in Ont/Mich for corals, fish, anemones etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

josh muldoon

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Can someone help me! I live in Ireland and will be travelling to see me Son in Windsor, Ontario this October. It's difficult to obtain certain coral species etc here in Ireland, I would like the opportunity on my visit to pick up some corals etc to bring back to Ireland. Which are the best places to shop for Corals/fish/anemones between Windsor to Toronto and Windsor-Detroit area? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards

Josh (from Dublin)

Oi!! I don't know about Detroit, but about 3 hours west in Grand Rapids, MI we have a couple places with a nice selection of sw stuff. If you can make it this way, drop me a pm and I'll hook you up with all the appropriate info.

Welcome to AA!!

WELCOME TO AA!

The first thing I would do would be to check up your customs laws on importing live animals into ireland. At a minimum I would suspect you would have to place them in a federal quarantine for a given amount of time if they let you keep them at all.

IMO, don't shrug it off as a "minor infraction". I don't know what the customs laws are in Ireland, but in a recent incident in Australia a woman was cought with some fish and was facing over $80,000 in fines.

If convicted of smuggling wildlife, she faces a fine of up to U.S. $83,617 and could also get a prison sentence of up to 10 years.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8117876/

Back
Top Bottom