Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-01-2003, 05:39 PM   #11
AA Team Emeritus

Quote:
while starting to do water change ,I tested plain ro/di water for po4 no trace.then i tested freshly mixed salt water before adding to tank.guess what,my test vile turned light blue
What test kit are you using? Most kits will not test both fresh and saltwater. It is possible that the phosphates are coming from the water (although unlikely if it's RO/DI). What brand salt are you using?

Visit Nature Coast Photography
reefrunner69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2003, 05:41 PM   #12
AA Team Emeritus

Merged with your previous topic on phosphates.

Old 04-01-2003, 06:13 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Activist

Im using a hagen po4 test kit for salt and fresh .and for salt Im using aquarium system's reef crystals .I think most salts like instant ocean ,deep ocean, kent are all phosphate ,nitrate& silicate free.and they say it on the bucket .now that I read the reef crystals bucket it only says extra calcium extra trace elements& extra vitamins.nothing about being phosphate free.live & learn
Old 04-01-2003, 06:19 PM   #14
AA Team Emeritus

Reef Crystals is made by the Makers of Instant Ocean. It is Aquarium Systems premium Salt, I have used it before and never noticed a trace of PO4, it is possible you gopt a bad bag. The number for Aquarium Systems is on the bag, I would call and talk to them and find out whether their Reef Crystals is supposed to be PO4 free, and then take it from there.

Old 04-01-2003, 06:29 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Activist

I called them left voice mail they haven't called yet .I buy it buy the bucket ,so I'v been reading the buckets & reef crystals are the only one that doesn't say phosphate free.I stared to buy it because it was supposed to be better then instant ocean.I wouldn't have even checked until fish freek told me to start eliminating possible sorces of po4 .If you have some reef cystals test it for ha ha's, that if you have po4 test.
Old 04-01-2003, 06:33 PM   #16
AA Team Emeritus

Quote:
If you have some reef cystals test it for ha ha's, that if you have po4 test.
I've used it before, I use IO now, I decided along time ago, you don't gain enough using it to make up for the difference in cost. Just my opinion.

Tags
high ph, level, phosphate

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com