Reverse Omosis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mnestroy

Aquarium Advice Regular
Whats the difference between all the RO Kits? I see 6 stage kits on ebay for pretty cheap compared to Marine Depot...

Do they all use pretty much the same filters etc?

Help educate me :)

for the most part thay use the some filter media there is a couple dif membranes i got my 6 stage from filter direct on ebay and om vary pleased with its performance

I think some of the differences on RO units are in their construction. They all produce RO water but some have a higher grade membrane (50 gpd, vs. 100 gpd). Some filters last longer than others. Some units have multiple pre and post filters which may be worth it. Some units have better connectors so it's easier to use them.

Heck Yeah DT...filterdirect Ro+Di here also. Best thing I bought for my setup so far! Aside from my multiple tank syndrome...

Do we have any links for some good units that you all approve?

Also I think sometimes you pay for the name, and sometimes it is just generally a better product.

This is the same company I got mine from as well. Same unit just without the holding tank.

Back
Top Bottom